Last updated March 20, 2023
How Do We Collect Information, What Do We Collect and How Do We Use It?
We collect and store information that you voluntarily provide to us as well as data related to your use of the Platform. Below is a more specific list of the personal information we collect and how we use it with your consent. You may be asked additional questions regarding items on this list to ensure we have your consent to collect and use your personal information for specific purposes.
- Email Address. When you voluntarily provide us with your email address, we collect your email address from which your identity is or may be discernible.
- Account Creation. If you establish an account on the Platform, we may collect your name, email address, billing address, date of birth, gender, and other information to support your use of the Platform.
- Social Networking Platform Data. We have pages on social media sites like our Slack channel, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect PII that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
- User Communications. Our Platform provides the opportunity to interact with other participants who are not representatives of or employed by us by either on the Platform or through our Slack channel (“User Communications”). Accordingly, any information you provide when through User Communications (including PII) may be publicly posted and otherwise disclosed without effective limitation as to its use such participants. We do not require participants to include sensitive data (e.g., race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, sexual life or criminal record) in their User Communications. If you choose to provide any such information in User Communications, it may be available to others. We have no obligation to keep private any sensitive information or personally identifiable information that you have made available to other participants using these functions.
- Support Requests: When you contact us for support, we may collect personal information as part of the support process, including but not limited to your name, username, address, telephone number, mobile number, email address, and other information from which your identity is or may be discernible.
- Sponsor Access: If you are a Sponsor customer who sponsors the use of the Platform for users (as opposed to an individual user), we may require that you provide us with contact information for administrators or finance personnel as part of the setup and provision of services to you and your users.
- Surveys and User Research: We may send you surveys or contact you with questions to provide us with feedback on our Platform. We collect any responses that you provide. Participation in surveys or research tasks is elective and does not affect your access to the Platform.
Information Third-Parties Provide About You
We may receive information about you from the app store from where you download the App, your employer or organization, business contacts, friends and other third-parties, such as when they submit information to us about you or when they post content on the Platform. Additionally, we may supplement the information we collect with records from third-parties for a variety of purposes, including to help us correct or supplement our records, enhance our ability to serve you, to help prevent or detect fraud, to tailor our content and ads to you, and to offer you opportunities that may be of interest to you.
Interactions with Third-Party Sites
How Do We Use Information We Collect?
Our primary purpose in collecting information is to provide you the Platform. We may use the information you provide to us for other purposes as follows:
- Provision of Platform. We may use and disclose your PII and usage information to support the delivery of our services on the Platform.
- Support the Platform: We may use the information you provide us to provide any customer support you request, including troubleshooting problems, and monitor such requests, and to inform you about updates to the Platform.
- Improve the Platform: We may use the information you provide us to customize, measure, and improve the Platform, including through data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey processes.
- Enforce Rights: We may use the information you provide us to enforce your and our rights (including payment for the Platform in the case of Sponsor users) and protect you against fraud.
- Marketing Purposes: We occasionally may contact you about new product and features. You may remove your name from our mailing lists to stop receiving these emails.
If you have any questions regarding the foregoing, or our privacy practices, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Can We Use De-Identified Information?
In addition to the uses of personal information above, we may remove the identifiable parts of your information to create de-identified forms (“De-identified Information”). De-identified Information may be compiled with other data in aggregated forms. We use this De-identified Information in the following ways:
- Disclosure for Business Purposes: We may also license, sell or otherwise share De-identified Information with clients, partners, investors and contractors for any purposes related to our business practices.
- Platform Improvement: We may use De-identified Information for product improvement including to the Platform as well as share it with third-parties to evaluate their products or services.
- Research: We may use De-identified Information for research whether scientific, marketing, or business in nature. This research may be made public through publication such as within a scientific journal.
How Do We Share The Information We Collect?
We do not sell, rent, trade or otherwise transfer personally identifiable information to third parties who are not our affiliates without your consent to do so. We may, however, disclose personally identifiable information: to our affiliated companies, carriers, third party service providers and/or agents, as reasonably necessary to provide you with the Platform you have requested; as required by law or legal process; in response to lawful requests for information by governmental agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, authorized to request such information; to enforce our contractual agreements, including investigation of potential violations thereof; to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies and to otherwise protect our interests; to help detect and prevent harm to persons or property or otherwise to protect public safety; to third parties that perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, third parties that host or operate our Platform, analyze data, perform email list management services, provide customer service, or provide public relations and marketing services; and to vendors of products and services that are offered through the Platform.
We are not limited in our use of non-personal information that does not permit direct association with any specific individual, or non-identifiable aggregate information about our users (such as the number of users on the Platform and the geographic distribution of our users). As such, in no way to limit the foregoing, we may share aggregate (non-personally identifiable) information with certain third parties such as advertisers, industry organizations, and prospective affiliates.
We do not enable third parties, except for certain of our subcontractors, to collect information directly from users while they interact with the Platform. Our subcontractors only collect and use information at our direction and only to support the functioning of the Platform and to perform analytics. Our subcontractor may not share this information with third parties.
As with any other business, it is possible that in the future we could sell or buy subsidiaries or business units. In any such transaction, as well in the event all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, personal information of our users will generally be one of the transferred assets. We reserve the right to include your personal information, collected as an asset, in any such transfer to a third party.
Information collected by or sent to us may be stored and processed in any country in which we and our affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers maintain facilities. We reserve the right to transfer your personal information outside of the country where you reside and/or from which you use our Platform. By using our Platform you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
How Long Is Your PII Kept By Us?
What Are Cookies and How Do We Use Them?
How Do We Protect Your PII?
We follow commercially accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to or collected by us, both during transmission and once we receive it. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of an inadvertent disclosure of your personal information, we will take all commercially reasonable steps to limit and remedy the disclosure as required by the applicable law. In light of the foregoing, your use and access of the Platform is at your own risk. If you have any questions about security of our Platform, please contact us in the manner set forth under the heading “Contact Us” below.
Can Children Use the Platform?
The Platform is intended for the use of users who are at least 18 years of age. The Platform are not directed to persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information from, market to or accept services from persons under the age of 18 years old. If we become aware that a person under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to remove such personal information.
How Far Does Our Responsibility Extend?
How Can You Access Or Amend Your PII (Right of Opt-Out, Access and Correction)?
You have the right to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information. Upon and subjection to verification of your identity, we will respond to requests to view, correct, complete or remove your personal information within a reasonable time.
We will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate requests to delete personal information unless it is required by law or for any lawful business purpose, and always will delete any personal information that we are required by applicable law to delete at your request.
You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible. Your rights to access, change, or delete your personal information are not absolute. We may deny you such rights when required by law or if the request would likely reveal personal information about a third party.
To request opt-out, review, modification or removal of personal information, you should submit a written request to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your California Privacy Rights
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), California residents have certain rights relating to collection, use, and sharing of their personal information for companies that do a minimum amount of business in or with California residents.
We do not meet the minimum necessary requirements to be subject to the CCPA. However, we also do not sell your personal information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale if required by law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request to know what personal information has been collected about you, and to access that information. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information, though exceptions under the CCPA may allow us to retain and use certain personal information notwithstanding your deletion request. You may also send your request to us by contacting us at the address below under “How can you contact us?“.
Separate from the CCPA, California’s Shine the Light law gives California residents the right to ask companies what personal information they share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for the purpose of directly marketing their goods or services to you unless you request such disclosure. If you have any questions regarding this policy, or would like to change your preferences, you may contact us at the address listed below.
Also, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents and who have provided us with “personal information” (as that term is defined in Section 1798.83) to request certain information about the disclosure of that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident with questions regarding this, please contact us in the manner set forth under the heading “How can you contact us?”.
Do Not Track
Certain web browsers and other devices you may use to access the Platform may permit you to submit your preference that you do not wish to be “tracked” online. We do not currently commit to responding to these submissions, in part, because no common industry standard for “do not track” has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies, or regulators. We will make efforts to monitor developments around Do Not Track browser technology and the implementation of a standard. For information about DNT, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.
Can European Users Use the Platform?
Our Platform and related services are hosted in the United States and subject to laws of the United States. If you are visiting our web site or using our applications from outside the United States, you may be transferring your personal identifiable data into the United States if you submit your personal identifiable information to us. Many regions, such as the European Union, have data collection protections that differ from U.S. law.
While we are not subject to laws of the European Union, we will make reasonable efforts to provide you with information about your personally identifiable information held by us, to allow you to verify that the information is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which we collected it, and to correct or remove any information that is incorrect, or opt-out of collecting or storing that information. To request opt-out, review, modification or removal of personal data, you should submit a written request to us at email@example.com . Our compliance with the foregoing may be limited by the need to retain information for legal or other compliance purposes.
How Can You Contact Us?